Seeking New Master Student to Join Neuroscience Research
We are looking to admit 1 outstanding applicant to the Department of Psychology, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey. Highly motivated (Turkish or International) students are encouraged to apply for our recent research project funded by "TÜBİTAK 2232 programme" focusing on "Impairing memory consolidation to prevent the development of anticipatory nausea".
Our studies will focus on preventing memory consolidation to attenuate the development of anticipatory nausea. By applying the principles of learning theory, we aim to develop innovative strategies to prevent anticipatory nausea in rodents.
Duties will include:
1. Helping with the day-to-day operations of the lab (conducting mice behavioral experiments and surgeries, colony management, neuroanatomical and molecular biology techniques)
2. Data analysis
3. Writing manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals
4. Presenting at conferences
1. Undergraduate degree in Neuroscience, Psychology or Biology (previous experience on rodent studies
would be desirable).
2. Good written and oral English language skills.
METU Graduate student applications criterias require official Graduate Record Exam and language scores. Please note that the name of the program is Cognitive Psychology. For more information please check the link below:
Please send your CV, transcript, exam results (language and GRE/ALES), recommendations and a brief letter of motivation to project leader Dr. Sezen Kışlal at email@example.com
Stipend: Selected candidates will be offered 2 years' stipend.
Master Scholarship: 4250 TL per month
Successful candidate will be working with Dr. Sezen Kışlal as well as with our international collaborators.
Positions starting time: The planned starting time is June 2022; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.