Seeking New Postdoctoral Researcher to Join Neuroscience Research
We are looking to admit an outstanding applicant to the Department of Psychology, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey. Highly motivated (Turkish or International) postdoctoral researchers are encouraged to join our recent research project funded by "TÜBİTAK 2232 programme" focusing on "Impairing memory consolidation to prevent the development of anticipatory nausea".
Our studies will focus on preventing memory consolidation to attenuate the development of anticipatory nausea. By applying the principles of learning theory, we aim to develop innovative strategies to prevent anticipatory nausea in rodents.
Duties will include:
1. Helping with the day-to-day operations of the lab (conducting mice behavioral experiments and surgeries, colony management, neuroanatomical and molecular biology techniques)
2. Data analysis
3. Writing manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals
4. Presenting at conferences
1. Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Biology or Cognitive Psychology (previous experience on rodent studies is mandatory).
2. Experience in one or more of the areas is preferable, including experience with stereotaxicnsurgery, immunohistochemistry, animal dosing, imaging, RNA extraction, and qRT-PCR.
3. Good written and oral English language skills.
4. Preference will be given to candidates having published SCI papers as the first author.
Please send your CV, transcripts (Master and Ph.D.), exam result (language), recommendations and a brief letter of motivation to project leader Sezen Kışlal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Stipend: Selected candidates will be offered a position valid until March 2023.
Postdoctoral Researcher Scholarship: 6000 TL per month
Successful candidates will be working with Dr. Sezen Kışlal as well as with our international collaborators.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.